Rangefinderforum.com

Rangefinderforum.com (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sony NEX / Full Frame Alpha non DSLR Cameras (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   NEX-7 Leica 90mm APO ASPH & Hawks Adapter (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116196)

bwcolor 02-19-2012 11:19

NEX-7 Leica 90mm APO ASPH & Hawks Adapter

I just received my NEX-7 body and struggling to get things figured out.

Anyway, I've noticed that the images take a lot of sharpening to overcome the Lightroom converted RAW image blur. The first image was handheld in low light, but the others had a reasonable shutter speed. I picked subjects.. in all of the five minutes that I shot.. where I could determine how much detail is being conveyed. You will find fine detail in the netting in the lower right area (where you can make-out the fine fibers that make up the ropes of the netting) and about 2/3 up on the sandal. It certainly isn't 24MPix of pixel sharp detail. So, all images will get downsized in the future.

So, I'm asking myself.. Is it worth all the work when Fujifilm X-Pro images take little sharpening.

Anyway.. some full size samples... given the 20MB Flickr file size limit:

NEX-7 Leica 90mm APO ASPH & Hawks Adapter Samples

Disaster_Area 02-19-2012 11:28

you should be able to use AP no problem. In the settings you have to set it to be able to trip the shutter without lens attached, after that both M and AP modes should would just fine.

bwcolor 02-19-2012 11:34

Yes, that was user error. I removed that part of the post.

I started this thread because it has been a bit difficult to sort through all the Flickr postings to find full size images of the NEX-7 with legacy lenses.

I have added images from the Zeiss (C/Y) 100mm Makro .. one of the sharpest lenses that I own. Again, you need to search for the area in focus on the netting and the shoe. The the second Zeiss netting shot is at higher ISO and faster shutter speed. All were shot at F/8.0. Use same link as in thread starter.

When I comment on sharpening...etc. I'm using my X100 as reference. The NEX-7 takes a lot more sharpening.. of course, a lot more pixels. Also, I get a good bit highlight blocking with the NEX-7. The X100 files seem to be infinitely adjustable.

bwcolor 02-19-2012 14:55

OK.. done until next weekend. I'll try to post another group of lenses... a couple more 50's, M-Hex 90, two Biogons and another C/Y Zeiss or two.

Here is the list so far:

NEX-7
Hawk Adapter
Leica 90mm APO Asph
Zeiss C/Y 100mm Makro
Hexanon M-Hex 50mm f/1.2
Hexanon M-Hex 50mm f/1.2
Zeiss Biogon 35mm f/2.0

Just use the link on the thread starter.

bwcolor 02-19-2012 18:56

Sorry

I had to change my Flickr preferences.

You can now view all images in full resolution.