PDA

View Full Version : Winogrand Podcast

cosmonaut
12-21-2010, 08:56
I just wanted to pass it on that there are a few nice podcasts avaliable on Itunes. I download a nice one of Garry Winogrand in a Q/A session with some college students. It really gives a nice insite to his philosophy. When Garry died he left almost 2000 undeveloped rolls of film and thousands of unprocessed ones undone.
Another one is Robert Frank talking about the making of The Americans. He took 24,000 pictures during his trip across America and only 83 pictures made the book. That is only .3%
Imagine the ones that were left out.
Oh, They were free podcasts.

charjohncarter
12-21-2010, 09:23
I wish my keep rate was .3%.

nightfly
12-21-2010, 09:40
Any hints on how you found these? Not having any luck finding the Winogrand one.

RayPA
12-21-2010, 10:05
I just wanted to pass it on that there are a few nice podcasts avaliable on Itunes.

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to dl a couple.

/

gp-ak
12-21-2010, 10:24
Any hints on how you found these? Not having any luck finding the Winogrand one.

I searched Garry Winogrand in iTunes and it turned up one from UCR California Museum of Photography.

cosmonaut
12-21-2010, 10:50
I searched Garry Winogrand in iTunes and it turned up one from UCR California Museum of Photography.

That's the one. Just go to the Itunes store, highlight Podcast and search Garry Winogrand. I just subscribed looks like they are a few more to go through.