PDA

View Full Version : Exposed half a roll of hp5+ at 100.. pull or not?

disco2000
11-20-2010, 10:46
I just finished up a roll of hp5+ in my rolleiflex to realize that I'd shot about half the roll at 100. The other half is exposed at 400, so I was wondering if I should pull the film at stop (having half a stop underexposed and half overexposed) or just develop normally and then adjust the 2 stop overexposed frames while printing.

Which will give me better results? My concern is that the overexposed frames are shot in the snow so they're quite contrasty..

Roger Hicks
11-20-2010, 11:48
Not.

Two stops over shouldn't be a problem unless you're scanning with a scanner that can't see through high densities. But knocking 10% off the dev time will likely do no harm either.

Of course, depending on how you're metering, they may not be all that overexposed...

Cheers,

R.

Mackinaw
11-20-2010, 12:01
I agree with Roger, this shouldn't be a big deal. I recently exposed most of a roll of Tri-X at an E.I of 100, developed the roll normally, and was quite happy with the results.

Jim B.

Chris101
11-20-2010, 23:10
It all depends on what pictures are on which half. If there is a frame that you MUST have, develop for that one. Otherwise, just go box speed, as the others said.