PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Photography RFF members Deal?

LeicaFoReVer
10-14-2010, 06:53
Lets see what members photograph most of the time...
If you think you photograph anything, just choose the most common subjects of yours.

Sorry If I missed something...it allows 12 items.

ebino
10-14-2010, 07:06
I would love to be a landscape photographer, but street is all i got.

LeicaFoReVer
10-14-2010, 07:09
I think the street will beat all :)

ebino
10-14-2010, 07:15
You tell me, would you rather be walking the noisy polluted street photographing sad people or sitting with a warm cup of tea in your hand, somewhere in Himalayas for the light to change?

Its so obvious. :)

LeicaFoReVer
10-14-2010, 07:19
It is my dream also travel and take people portraits in different parts of the world. That can include landscape photography too. I think because few people have this opportunity unless you are national geography photographer or something like that...Streets is more accessible and one of the easiest options :)

By the way I added .../Expressions for the member Israel only :) as it is his favorite.

Pickett Wilson
10-14-2010, 07:20
How about sitting in a warm Starbucks, looking out on the street, sipping a latte and discussing which lens would be best to shoot the light changing in the Himalayas? That's my vote! ;)

ebino
10-14-2010, 07:32
No one is admitting to be a fashion photographer? I wonder why... lol

hipsterdufus
10-14-2010, 08:13
No one is admitting to be a fashion photographer? I wonder why... lol

Some of what I do could probably considered fashion. Of course, I would like to believe that it is fine art. :angel:

Mcary
10-14-2010, 08:41
Checked Street/Candid, Model's Fashion Glamor as well as Fine Art . As most what I shoot with models falls more into the lifestyle and artistic nude styles then it does in fashion or glamor.

shadowfox
10-14-2010, 08:48
You tell me, would you rather be walking the noisy polluted street photographing sad people or sitting with a warm cup of tea in your hand, somewhere in Himalayas for the light to change?

Sometimes I prefer the former, sometimes I prefer the latter.

It'd be incredibly boring to shoot one type of pictures all...the...time.

ebino
10-14-2010, 08:50
How about sitting in a warm Starbucks, looking out on the street, sipping a latte and discussing which lens would be best to shoot the light changing in the Himalayas? That's my vote! ;)

Thank you for spoiling my Himalayan landscape reveries.

The only time I ever enjoyed photographing a Starbucks was when it was trashed by Anarchists. I felt guilty feeling so good... Of course not that in anyway I condone acts of vandalism against Starbucks or any other similar establishment.

LeicaFoReVer
10-14-2010, 08:54
All is art but fine art is finer :)

ebino
10-14-2010, 08:56
Sometimes I prefer the former, sometimes I prefer the latter.

It'd be incredibly boring to shoot one type of pictures all...the...time.

I could shoot pretty naked girls (of legal age of course) in interesting poses all day long every day. :D

Wait, I think I want to be Ralph Gibson.

jsrockit
10-14-2010, 09:14

I'll take the streets minus the sad people...

Bob Michaels
10-14-2010, 09:23

The only time I have been in a Starbucks was with Al Kaplan. Since he was, and I still am, a one lens kind of guy who shoots in whatever light there is, we discussed and photographed the women who came in or walked by on the sidewalk. That's my vote1

michaelbialecki
10-14-2010, 09:48
The only time I have been in a Starbucks was with Al Kaplan. Since he was, and I still am, a one lens kind of guy who shoots in whatever light there is, we discussed and photographed the women who came in or walked by on the sidewalk. That's my vote1

Hey Bob....that sounds cool....I also had the joy of having coffee with Al at his neighborhood diner....good times, good times.....

cheers, michael

ederek
10-14-2010, 10:04
Trying to do it all...

LeicaFoReVer
10-14-2010, 12:06
People please explain what you photograph under other/random?

It seems like there is alot going under this...

Roger Hicks
10-14-2010, 13:03

There are plenty of noisy polluted streets in the Himalayas, and people can be happy or sad anywhere.

Personally I prefer a beaker of chang to chai, or even to decent Tibetan tea made with butter and salt.

Cheers,

R.

Roger Hicks
10-14-2010, 13:07
People please explain what you photograph under other/random?

It seems like there is alot going under this...

Still life, food, pack shots, illustrations...

Cheers,

R.

ebino
10-14-2010, 14:48
There are plenty of noisy polluted streets in the Himalayas, and people can be happy or sad anywhere.

Personally I prefer a beaker of chang to chai, or even to decent Tibetan tea made with butter and salt.

Cheers,

R.

Good for you.

Cheers.

ebino
10-14-2010, 14:50
Some of what I do could probably considered fashion. Of course, I would like to believe that it is fine art. :angel:

Fine, its art. :)

migtex
10-15-2010, 01:11
Fine Art?
I'm just a photographer.. or trying to be...

blindlemon
10-15-2010, 01:25
I suppose what I shoot is "street" but I am now getting interested in more documentary style so that maybe my work might be of interest to someone in 50 years time, if it lasts that long, I know I won't.
I also like alternative methods such as pin-hole and am at present making a series of solargraphs around my home town.

Vince Lupo
10-15-2010, 07:51
What - no food?!

Damaso
10-24-2010, 12:14
Glad to see the photojournalists edge out the architectural photogs!

ramosa
10-24-2010, 14:38
is it a sin to have a RF and not do street photography? (sure, that's a rhetorical question ;))

gb hill
10-24-2010, 14:52
My random shooting consist of everything from lens test to selfies in the mirror. Brick walls to cemetery plots. I shoot it all! Other times I'm testing my skills at landscape, street, & an occasional dog or cat. Hoping one day my cemetery plots will turn in to fine art prints worth thousands!;)

LeicaFoReVer
10-24-2010, 19:16
I should have included "Still Life" category instead of wedding :(