View Full Version : The Fairly Challenging Project
I did a pack film conversion of a 110a pathfinder. I liked it, but I wanted more. Introducing The Fairly Challenging Project: my polaroid 160 4x5 conversion project.
Put a Nikon F bayonet on the front standard. Tools: a dremel tool and some courage. I'm pretty happy with the result, and the opening is big enough to fit a componon-S 135/5.6 that I got for cheap (vivitar VHE really...)
Swap the finder with one from a polaroid 900. More to come!
Looks interesting. I would like to see more. What is the film size you are using that you get coverage on the film?
I'm going to put a 4x5 back on it, I bought a sinar P back that will fit with some modifications. The lens will definitely cover 4x5 because it was designed to enlarger 4x5 negatives. The trick is to place the new film plane somewhere behind the original film plane to prevent mechanical vignetting by the bellows and the original film gate.
I can probably work out the right distance by taking into account the focal length and angle of view of the lens.
It will take some more time in the workshop! :)
So I swapped the finder of the 160 with the one of my donor camera, the 900. It was a breeze really. The mirror post for the rangefinder screws right in, I only needed to make shim to make it fit perfectly.
My Sinar back turned out to be useless. :mad: The side facing the lens has a ridge that is very inconvenient. Don't buy one to put on your polaroid! I've decided to take the clamps of the sinar back and fix them to a DIY back.
I will make the back out of extruded aluminium profiles, and I will keep it as simple as possible. This allows me to tailor it to the polaroid.
Some progress pictures:
That's turning into a challenging project. Glad to see your progress.
vBulletin® v3.6.8, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.