PDA

View Full Version : User ID for feedback?

chrispiper
12-30-2009, 07:33
I'm trying to leave some feedback for another member after a classified transaction but can't find where/how to do it.

I was sent a link like this for another member for a separate transaction:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost-classifieds/member.php?uid=xxxxx (http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/../photopost-classifieds/member.php?uid=11550)

and got to the feedback entry screen. How do I find my seller's member's UID? Or my own for that matter as I'd like for him to leave me feedback as well. I've tried searching threads, using the "User CP" and "Members List" with no luck.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

chrispiper
12-30-2009, 15:40
I figured it out. If you hover over the member name on "Members List" you get the UID in the displayed URL - usually at the bottom of the browser window. Plug that into the photopost URL string and it seems to work.

Not the most intuitive interface for sure.

Chris

JRG
12-30-2009, 17:24
Thanks for the tips, Chris and Andy. I've been mystified by this as well.

chrispiper
12-31-2009, 09:08
RITskellar - You're correct, the UID is visible on a rollover or mouse hover. There is no direct link to the feedback screen on Members List. I could have been more exact in my terminology.

What I did:

I brought up the Members List, searched for my seller, then hovered the mouse over the name link. In my browser (Firefox), you will see the URL to that link in the bottom left of the browser. I copied the UID from the end of the URL string and plugged it into the photopost URL.

I would have been completely clueless about any of this had another seller not forwarded me the photopost URL so I could enter feedback for him.

And I wholeheartedly agree - the lack of feedback is not helping the RFF classifieds or the community that uses them. I don't use the FredMiranda.com site much anymore as I've transitioned to film, but their Buy and Sell forum is much easier to use all the way around.

Chris