PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Flash Meter V & 10 Degree Viewfinder Accessory.

Robert Hooper
11-04-2009, 20:03
I have a Minolta Flash Meter V and I want to get a 10 degree viewfinder attachment for it. There seem to be two models; the older 10 degree viewfinder and the "10 degree viewfinder II". Will the older accessory work on my Minolta flash meter V or do I need to get the "II" version? They both look the same to me in eBay photos. Thanks.

Chriscrawfordphoto
11-04-2009, 21:49
You need the II. The old version used a different type of mount (it screwed in, if I remember right, which the new one had a bayonet mount). The older one is for Autometer II. The new style is for the Flash Meter II, III, IV, V, and VI and the Autometer III, IIIf, IVF, and V.

I have a 10 degree II and an Autometer IIIF that I bought new when I was 15 yrs old. The 10 degree II works well and is really the only usable solution for reflected light metering with Minolta's incident meters, since the regular reflected light attachment is just a hole over the sensor with a very wide angle of view. I remember my 10 degree II was $100 new back then.

Chriscrawfordphoto
11-04-2009, 21:50
Oh I forgot there is also a 5 degree viewfinder that only works on the newer meters with the bayonet accessory mount. It reduces the meters sensitivity in low light a couple stops though. I've never used one, the 10 degree one seems to have been much more popular.