PDA

View Full Version : New ZI Modified Rangefinder

gilpen123
09-16-2009, 02:33
I saw this in one of the threads here a few days ago and can't seem to find it now. Anyway, does anyone have information on this modified RF for late production? I can't see any ads at Pop Flash with this mods.

italy74
09-16-2009, 02:47
Ciao Gil
I'm not sure what you're talking about, so takes what follows with a grain of salt.
The only "franken" camera that appeared here that comes to my mind was a stereo-camera to get 3-D images, with two lensese like our eyes, realized by someone but it was a few months ago that was showed over this site. I have no idea if any minor change appeared on the REAL ZI, sorry.

gilpen123
09-16-2009, 03:05
Yes Dino nobody knew about it but someone posted that he saw it in Popflash. Let's wait for those who also saw this thread. Apparently, the mods are to correct the white out of the exposure indicators in the VF and more robust RF alignment.

gilpen123
09-16-2009, 05:23
Oh ok. I'm really interested to find this out. Maybe I'll try and email Tony.

gilpen123
09-16-2009, 07:12
Popflash replied as follows

From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"POPFLASH. PHOTO" <[email protected]>Add sender to Contacts
To: "Gil Penaflorida" <[email protected]>
The focus mechanism has a new reenforced part that maintains the settings of the Rangefinder. This part was integrated almost a year ago. Since then we have not had any complaints from our customers about the rangefinder setting going out of alignment.

POP

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 6:29 AM, Gil Penaflorida <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Tony,

Recently there was a discussion in the RFF forum about one of your ads before that the ZI has a new modified rangefinder. There are many speculations as to what this is. Can you help clarify as many are very interested to know.

Thanks,

Gil (gilpen)