View Full Version : Finally Diafining...
So now that a new to me scanner that can handle negatives is due on the BBT on Monday and I had finished repairing a ZI Ikonta 521/2, it seemed like a good time for a test roll. Futz around in the changing bag to get the roll loaded onto the spool and into the tank. Then A for 3ish minutes, B for 3ish minutes, rinse, Fixer for 10ish minutes and wash. No fotoflow or anything like that, so we'll see. Squeege and hang to dry where they are now. And I thought a 6x6 neg was big! Yikes! 2 were totally blown exposure wise, but it was dark there so not unexpected. The other 6 look good though. I'll know more once I get the scanner up and running on Monday.
Just had to say something now though. This couldn't be simpler and it's a heck of a lot of fun. Time for some focusing fluid to celebrate!
Can't wait to see the results. I haven't done 120 in Diafine yet.
I just got done doing two other rolls I had finished in the Iskra. A roll of Plus-X at 400 (!) and a roll of XP-2 just for giggles. I've really been wanting to do my own 120 as it's a much bigger pain to get developed around here and the printing costs add up quickly. But if I can hold the cost down to film and time with Diafine and a scanner ... :D much more MF shooting.
It's going to be fun to see how well it scans.
But it looks like the bottom of the Ikonta is a light sieve... :bang:
Glad to hear you're having fun, William! I've just bought some extra Kindermann tanks (used), with the idea of using them without tops, in total darkness, to dunk the film reels (with lift rods) in successive solutions. Yet to see how well that works out...
Hey congrats William !!! 120 in Diafine works as well as 35mm :), but I remember that on my first roll I had a brief battle with the backing paper inside the darkroom.
The backing paper won.
I did my first 4x5's in Diafine just yesterday! Now that's a big negative. Too bad my scanner crapped out.
vBulletin® v3.6.8, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.