PDA

View Full Version : Mystery film

like2fiddle
12-04-2007, 10:00
I found a few bulk loaded cassettes I forgot I had. They came with a bulk loader I was given years ago. I remember at the time I received the loader, my friend told me the film in the cassettes was expired, to use the film to practice loading reels. Well, this past weekend I decided to try the film out for fun. The only cassette with any writing on it said T-Max, written in pen. I loaded it and exposed a dozen or so frames at 100, took the film out of the camera, cut the exposed film off and developed it hoping to discover the type of film it was in the process. Took a chance and used HC-110 dil B for 6 minutes. Alas, no name on the film and the exposures... well see for yourself.

I still have film in the cassette, God knows how much, and I want to expose it. The question is, based on what you see, and these are very low resolution scans, at what speed would you rate this film and how would you develop it. I don't have any D76 mixed up at the moment, so the developers are limited to Rodinal, HC-110, and if you're feeling really adventurous, caffenol-c.

All three images taken with M2, 35/2.8 Summaron wide open, and mystery film exposed at 100.

rich815
12-04-2007, 10:05
Looks really badly fogged to me. Maybe try some at 400 though not sure that will help. Why do you suppose it's dark on the edges and lighter in the middle?

Use it in a Holga adapted for 35mm or a Lomo or something.

like2fiddle
12-04-2007, 10:49
Looks really badly fogged to me. Maybe try some at 400 though not sure that will help. Why do you suppose it's dark on the edges and lighter in the middle?

Use it in a Holga adapted for 35mm or a Lomo or something.

I don't know about the edge thing, maybe from being in the cassette so long? I used my M2, and unless this is something that just developed with the camera, it's not the camera. All of the pics so far were taken in low light, indoors. I'm going to try shooting outdoors, rate a few frames at 200, and a few at 400 and see what happens.