PDA

View Full Version : Voigtlander Bessa II for 400 euro's?

Ewoud
09-10-2007, 02:40
Hi Guys,

I've been offerd a Voigtlander Bessa with Color-Heliar in near mint condition for 400 euro's.

I'm wondering is this an OK price or is the guy charging me to much?

Any opinions?

Regards,

Ewoud

Vickko
09-10-2007, 03:28
Check on ebay and www.keh.com

The Heliar is a pricier lens due to collector value, but I think it is debatable whether it performs better than the Color-Skopar.

There are auctions now, on ebay, for both.

Vicc

Mael
09-10-2007, 04:14
As a collector's point of view, the price is reasonnable if the camera is clean.

As a user point of view, for the same price you will have 2 super ikonta with tessars that performs well too, or 2 Medalists that have the same optical formula.

If it was an Apo-Lathar, prices can reach 1000€.

I think it is expensive for what it is.

rxmd
09-10-2007, 04:23
The guy is charging OK for a Bessa II if in very good shape, but the question is whether a folder is worth 400 EUR for you. For non-collectors I think it's not worth it. For better user value get an Ikonta, or even a Moskva-5.

Philipp

fgianni
09-10-2007, 05:25
If you really want a cheap Bessa II maybe you shoud wait for one with the vaskar to come up, the lens is a triplet but people swear the image quality is on par with the more expensive ones.

fgianni
09-10-2007, 05:26
If it was an Apo-Lathar, prices can reach 1000.

You'll be lucky to get a decent one at that price. They are extremely rare.

MartinP
09-10-2007, 05:43
You could almost buy a Hasselblad for that money, probably not with a lens admittedly, but still . . . . Also a good Rolleiflex would be less too, or a perfect Iskra. The pricing on these things does seem to reflect collectability rather than useability ?

Ewoud
09-10-2007, 06:16
Thanks for the insight everyone!

I saw one for 919,- dollar on KEH.com :O (about 720 euro's or so..)

Your kind aswers only leave me with more wondering on camera's and prices :)..

Do any of the other mentioned camera's like the super ikonta or medalist have rangefinder coupling?

What's a moskva 5?

And how about an Bessa I... is it posible to fix front lens alignment problems on those camera's.. I saw one somewhere for very little money.