PDA

View Full Version : A long weekend in the Arctic

iml
04-10-2007, 08:36
I'm heading off to Bodo (North Norway, on the edge of the Arctic Circle) for a few days at the end of June (when it's light 24 hours a day). I like to travel light, so the plan is to take just the Leica M6 and CV 50mm/35mm/21mm lenses, and lots of b&w film. No colour film, no digital, except maybe a P&S. Anyone have any advice about good filter selection, I use a dark orange filter quite a lot but should I be considering anything else? Any photo pointers from those familiar with Bodo and its surroundings would be useful too.

Ian

Michiel
04-10-2007, 09:00
Last time I was there (in June), the sky was continuously overcast.

If you have a chance, head on up to the north cape. It's a trip worth the time.

Jerevan
04-10-2007, 09:11
A trip out to the Lofoten islands is pretty mandatory I think. It's possible to go by boat or plane (I've always flown) and even if you don't travel all over the islands, you'll have some pretty majestic scenery just about anywhere you care to go.

iml
04-10-2007, 09:25
Thanks chaps. The Lofoten islands are definitely on the list.

Ian

wordpress
04-10-2007, 09:28
Lofoten, yes. Other than that. I'm not sure, really... I live in Norway, and did spend some time in Bod - but it ain't my favourite place (to put it mildly...). Are you staying in Bod only? Kjerringy, about 40km outside of the city is nice.

I do rather like Troms, a bit further north.

iml
04-10-2007, 09:30
I'm in Bodo for a music festival. I'd love to go even further north, but no time on this trip, it's only 4 or 5 days.

I can't work out how to do the crossed o's on this keyboard :-)

Ian

wordpress
04-10-2007, 09:45
Here, you can borrow mine: ;)

But honestly, consentrate on the scenery. And don't be scared when the plane is landing. It feels like you're landing in the middle of the city (and you are). :D

iml
04-10-2007, 10:35
Here, you can borrow mine:

Thank yu, thse are gd :-)

Ian