PDA

View Full Version : Got an old Leica book last weekend!

RdEoSg
03-04-2007, 13:37
I am sure some of you are familiar with it. It's called: The Leica Book, by Theo Kisselbach. It's the english language first edition from 1967 and is in very nice condition with the jacket intact and everything.

It's a fun read I have to say. It talks all about the M series cameras and lenses that were available at that time, but was obviously put together before the M4 since it makes no mention of that body.

It's not a valuable book or anything but it sure is a fun read!

peter_n
03-04-2007, 19:07
I have the same book, with a B&W of an M4 on the dust jacket. It is a great book and although I use modern Leica bodies I enjoy reading about the old stuff too.

ddutchison
03-05-2007, 22:45
I have that one too, one of my favorites. I find the photographs in it really evoke the 60's, and there's a lot of esoteric Leitz sutff pictured throughout.

wlewisiii
03-05-2007, 23:18
My favorite photography book is a similar volume - my copy of the 1947 edition of the Graphic Graflex Photography. Marvellous stuff.

William

RdEoSg
03-06-2007, 08:18
Well I guess you figure if the camera is 50 years old or so then most likely there are no new specs to say in a new book that they didn't know originally!