PDA

View Full Version : What happens if...

John Rountree
07-15-2006, 06:26
I have an M7 and a CLE. Presently I share that wonderful little 40mm Rokkor between the two. I have taped the Leica frame line selector switch so the 35mm frame lines appear. I am thinking of having the Rokkor modified so it will pull up the proper frame lines without the tape. But, if I do that, what will happen when I put the 40mm back on the CLE? I use the CLE as a backup, but if it pulls up the 90mm or 28mm frame lines that would be a problem, unless someone knows a way to manually select frame lines on the CLE. Thanks

sherm
07-15-2006, 06:29
Rangefinder Photography by nature isn't an exact science..... IMHO I wouldn't modify the lens and instead make your best guess at framing

Sherm

egpj
07-15-2006, 06:32
Use an external finder.

John Rountree
07-15-2006, 06:37
Sherm, I can appreciate what you say, but I have recently come over from the dark side (you know how that pesky mirror flips up) of SLR photography and framing is pretty important to me. I still try to shoot with a full-frame aesthetic. Besides, it is really uncanny just how closely the inside of the 35mm framelines correspond to the 40mm lens.

mac_wt
07-15-2006, 13:37
I just tried a 35mm ltm adaptor on my CLE, It brings only the 28mm framelines. I agree with sherm: don't mess with the 40mm. You might regret it some day.

Wim

John Rountree
07-15-2006, 19:23
Mac, I appreciate you taking the time to find the answer to my question. I don't want to lose the proper frame lines on my CLE. The tape solution isn't so bad. I can live with it and still be able to use the lens on my CLE. Thanks again.